Natural is redefined as more than wellness. It is now a reflection of tribal biodiversity. The fight for differentiation has begun.
Brazil is one of the world's leading markets, with growth fueled by the emerging focus on natural ingredients from South America. With 60% of the population under 30, Brazil will not only be both an important market to sell in as well as export from.
Key growth categories, per Euromonitor, include: Oral Hygiene, Deodorants, Soaps and Skin care in an attempt to capitalize on Organic/Natural = Safer and Healthier.
- Origins working with Dr. Andrew Weil to leverage ayurvedic
- Juice Beauty, Korres & Borba Global Launches, responding to both Eastern and Western European preferences for natural ingredients.
- Natura brings the Brazilian approach to the international market, making the leap with its first store in Paris.
- Omoye Brand, featuring the Mozambique Ibos women's beauty secrets, continues to grow
- Crabtree & Evelyn enters the fray with its Naturals (Skin Care Remedy & Routine) launch, a 19 product collection containing over 68 botanicals, developed cooperatively with India Hicks; a beauty line is planned for 2007